The Positive Space Campaign is organized by a committee of volunteers who work to create awareness of LGBTQ+ communities at the University of Toronto. There is a Positive Space Committee on the St. George, UTSC and UTM campus and each hosts events, conducts educational initiatives, and shares information with all members of the campus community.
Positive Space Student Co-chair responsibilities include:
- Working with the Positive Space Staff/Faculty Co-chair to develop the agenda for each meeting
- Assisting with taking meetings
- Assisting with chairing of Positive Space Committee meetings
- Assisting with the promotion and communication of activities of the Positive Space Committee
- Chairing meetings in the Staff/Faculty Co-chair’s absence
- Engages with LGBTQ+ students and community on campus
- Participating in outreach initiatives
- Supports the organization and implementation of programs and events
- Supports management of listserv and social media
Student Nomination Process:
In order to be eligible for the position, the nominee must be registered as a student at the University of Toronto during the 2018-19 academic year. The nominee must also have a flexible schedule with availability to attend monthly meetings and events. The Student Co-chair position is a volunteer leadership position, appointed by the Vice-President at the advice of the SGDO/EDO.
The Positive Space Co-Chair’s term will be for one year. The term is renewable.