Applications Due: December 7, 2018
The Positive Space Campaign is organized by a committee of volunteers who work to create awareness of LGBTQ+ communities at the University of Toronto. There is a Positive Space Committee on the St. George, UTSC and UTM campus and each hosts events, conducts educational initiatives, and shares information with all members of the campus community.
Positive Space Student Co-chair responsibilities include:
- Assisting with taking minutes at meetings
- Engaging with LGBTQ+ students and community on campus
- Participating in outreach initiatives
- Supporting the organization and implementation of programs and events
- Supporting management of listserv and social media
Student Nomination Process:
In order to be eligible for the position, the nominee must be registered as a student at the University of Toronto during the 2018-19 academic year. The nominee must also have a flexible schedule with availability to attend monthly meetings and events. The Student Co-chair position is a volunteer leadership position, appointed by the Vice-President at the advice of the SGDO/EDO.
The Positive Space Co-Chair’s term will be for one year. The term is renewable.